Our block at the Ken Ward Gym has sadly ended for another year. The pupils have made great progress with their confidence, balance, core strength and agility during their gymnastics lessons and are really going to miss it.
Yesterday was our annual trip to the pantomime at Romiley Theatre. This year's production was Aladdin. Pupils and staff had an amazing time; they laughed till they cried and shouted till their voices were hoarse.
For some the experience of a Pantomime can be all too much, so an alternative trip to the duck pond at Eherow Country park was...
So much concentration and focus went into playing the glockenspiel during our music lesson. The pupils needed to listen to each other and also follow the musical notation. I think you will agree that they did a really good job. Well done pupils in Discovery class.
Thank you to all those who came to our Christmas Show on Tuesday. The children all really enjoyed performing. Here is a recording taken at our dress rehearsal. We hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas and peaceful New Year.
Mrs. Harris has received a letter from St. Thomas More R.C. College which refers to a statutory consultation on school admission arrangements.
The letter states, " The Governing Body of St. Thomas More R.C. College is carrying out a consultation on the proposed admission arrangements for our school in September 2020-2021."
The proposed admission arrangements are published on St. Thomas More R....
For thirty years, our school community has joined with the parish to support the Christmas Fair at St. John Fisher Parish Hall. Catholic schools are voluntary aided schools and receive 90% of funding from the government and, in the 1990's, the Church or parish contributed the other 10%.
The headteacher at the time, Mr. Ganley, proposed that the school should...
Each Friday pupils in Apollo class have a shared snack and it aims to develop many different skills.
Tasting different foods extends tolerances for different tastes and textures.
Listening and responding to each other as they share the snacks around the table.
Being responsible for clearing the table and washing the plates and cups when they have finished and understanding the importance...